Select the above link to find websites and phone numbers for Veterans Services at each of the four state universities, 12 community colleges and one online college (Charter Oak State College).
They will provide assistance with:
- Workforce Development Opportunities
- College Access Policies (Financial Supports)
- College Access Services
- Online Support
- Veterans Drop In Centers
- Veterans Student Organizations
- Veterans’ Question Hotline
- Veterans Information Centers
- Veterans Service Liaisons/Coordinator
- Campus and Community Referrals
Connecticut Tuition Waiver for Veterans at the universities and colleges covers 100% of tuition for matriculated students (Fall and Spring semesters). If a Veteran has elected to receive benefits under the Federal Post-9/11 Veterans Educational Assistance Act of 2008 (Post 9/11 GI Bill), these are applied first, and the tuition waiver pays the balance.
At the state universities, 50% of course fees are waived for Veterans who are matriculated students, for courses taken that count toward your degree during summer and intercession. In the case of Veterans receiving benefits under the Post 9/11 GI Bill, this waiver again pays the balance.
The waivers do not cover the various fees that are charged to the student. The student is responsible for other charges such as for books, student activity, parking, and room and board.
Community College Manufacturing Centers
These new centers will provide a variety of credit/non-credit manufacturing certificate programs for returning veterans who are exploring manufacturing career paths. They are Workforce Investment Act (WIA) approved and qualify for assistance under the Veterans Retraining Assistance Program (VRAP).
- Asnuntuck Community College in Enfield – (860) 253-3030
- Housatonic Community College (HCC) in Bridgeport – (203) 332-5088
- Naugatuck Valley Community College (NVCC) in Waterbury – (203) 575-8006
- Quinebaug Community College (QVCC) in Danielson – (860) 412-7221
Community College Workforce Development Programs
These are two year degree programs which incorporate a certificate component at the end of the first year allowing for the opportunity to move to employment while completing an employer-sponsored Associate’s Degree.
- Manufacturing Technology Programs
- Healthcare Certificate Programs
- Aerospace Welding
- Criminal Justice
- Paramedic Studies
- Physical Therapy Assistant
- Engineering Science
- Food Service Management
- Human Services
- Radiation Therapy
- Railroad Engineering Technology
- Aviation Maintenance
- Studio Art
- Occupational Therapy Assistant
Connecitcut Veterans Approved Programs and Benefits